Sunday, September 8, 2013

Travel Insurance

I personally feel travel insurance is a necessity.  If you plan and pay for your special trip months in advance, maybe even a year in advance, you don't want to be out all that money if you get sick and can't travel!  You also don't want to find yourself sick in a foreign country with no insurance either.  But they can also cover lost luggage, delays, etc. too. I always cringed when a travel agent told me the cost so I did some research a couple of years ago.  I now purchase all my travel insurance from http://www.insuremytrip.com/. The web site can be overwhelming if you let it, just decide what coverage is important to you and then narrow the policies down. I usually pick 3 to compare and then buy one.  You can pay up to half of what travel agents charge! I have not needed to use it yet, and hopefully won't in the future, but it is the same exact policies sold to everyone everywhere.  You just need to purchase it within 10 days of initial trip deposit in order for pre-existing conditions to be covered. Remember, this is just my opinion and you need to read the fine print yourself or you can speak to a Rep using their phone number on their site.

Also, speaking from experience, if you travel anywhere away from home, you may want to consider Medical Evacuation Insurance. The above policies may cover this cost, if God forbid you find yourself hospitalized while on vacation, but what happens for the mini trips? or just life? Two separate accidents had me driving hours to out of town hospitals for weeks for my children.  It would have been better for everyone if I could have had them flown to a hospital near our family and friends at home for their stays.  We ALL carry a http://m.medjetassist.com/ annual policy now in my family.  Believe me, you want to be able to get home to what is familiar.   My son was a pilot for an ambulance charter and it was a full time job......accidents happen....period.  Be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment